Learn to manage user accounts and parental controls in Snow Leopard!
Mac expert Kirk McElhearn walks you through everything you need to know to understand and manage accounts on your Mac, even if the only person using the Mac is you. You’ll learn how to create the right types of accounts for the different people who use your Mac, why it’s often a good idea to set up at least two accounts, and how you can take advantage of the parental controls options. Kirk shows you how to set up a troubleshooting account, use Fast User Switching, share files among users, manage login and startup items, and more. Kirk also reveals tricks for sharing music and photos among multiple users on your Mac using iTunes and iPhoto.
- Why do I have I log in to my Macintosh?
- Why do my files reside in the Users folder?
- What is the purpose of an Administrator account?
- How can I take advantage of the Guest account?
- How do I limit time of day when my child can use the Mac?
- Can I control who my child exchanges email with?
- What’s the best way for users on my Mac to share files?
- How can I customize the way my login window behaves?
- How can I speed up the log in and log out process for everyone?
- Can users on my Mac share my iTunes songs or iPhoto images?
- What’s the difference between a login item and a startup item?
Get the book for only $10 from Take Control Books.